Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Update access to specific Makes at a DIS...
Update access to specific Makes at a DISCOUNT over normal 80 car subscription fee?

2556 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2016-09-10 19:32:27

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    dssguy1
    2016-08-26 17:50:21
     Hi,
    I am a DIYer and decided to up my game and purchase a MS906.  You really can't work on today's cars unless you have a nice tool like you provide.  I was not surprised by the fact that I needed an $800 subscription to update the unit past my first year (because I did my homework).  But I would like to propose that you consider offering some type of A La Carte option for the DIY community.  I don't need updates to 80 car manufacturers!  I just might want 1 or 2 to support my home garage.

I know your business model might not support the DIY guys but it seems like you are missing out on a segment of the population that otherwise just "won't buy" your equipment because 1.5 years of subscription is more than they paid for the whole unit!  Kind of like the inkjet printer business model...

If you were offering the option to pick a Manufacturer or a Couple Manufactuers for a MUCH reduced fee (maybe $50/yr per make), I think you would pull in additional business you never had before.

An independent garage is not going to buy one make so you really wouldn't be losing out on their business and you could even limit it to something like 3 makes in the A La Carte selections to ensure people don't go crazy and have you lose out on the more expansive 80 car subscription fee.

Please let me know if you are even considering this as an option or if it is totally out of the picture.

I also posted this in the suggestions thread.

•   Level 2   
    (16) points
    dssguy1
    2016-09-08 13:18:40 (Reply to:dssguy1)
     Bump?

•   Level 5   
    (340) points
    737mechanic

2016-09-08 14:43:01

I would very much like to see this too.

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    billymck

2016-09-09 00:09:59 (Reply to:737mechanic)

that type of system is already out in the market..... the matco maxme..... goes for around 900 and you pick what you want

and i hope that autel never goes that route...it will ruine the tool

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2016-09-10 07:45:19 (Reply to:dssguy1)

whats the point you may as well just buy a cheap china ori tool for the make you want chances are it will function much better.....

•   Level 5   
    (340) points
    737mechanic

2016-09-10 18:13:40

Billymck: explain how it would ruin the tool. They would also sell the full update like they do now for the inflated price of almost what the tool cost but you would also have the choice of NOT paying for stuff you know you will never use.

For instance I know for a fact I will never work on a Bentley, Lamborghini, maybach, Porsche and a host of other makes so why should I pay for all those cars when I do not need any of them.

Busaman: can you tell me what tools will do what Autel does for Jeep, BMW, and Chevrolet as those are the only makes I own and need a tool for.

•   Level 5   
    (293) points
    billymck

2016-09-10 19:32:27 (Reply to:737mechanic)

iv owned the maxme and launch never got the updates and expired time right. I couldn't depend on it because if I didn't have internet access it would shut me out of all car lines and im out of luck with trying to use that scan tool. and autel and launch are very similar with the way they update. SO YES, I VOTE NO FOR THE MONTHLY SUB. just go by a maxme and be done with it. that way you could just pick the car line you use. cable tv is the same way... something you just have to live with...

Total1 Pages